Last Modified: March 18, 2014
This privacy statement describes how Velocity Solutions, Inc. (“Velocity”) and, specifically, the Velocity Reward Program Website and associated websites collect and use the information you provide.
Velocity is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information about our users. This Privacy & Security Policy explains how we protect personal information provided through this Rewards Program Website (the “Site”) and how we use that information in connection with our services offered through the Site (the “Service”). “Personal information” for purposes of this Policy means information that identifies you, such as your name, address, phone number, fax number or email address.
Velocity stresses its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your personal information. We regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
Table of Contents
1. Your Privacy is not for sale.
2. We limit the collection and use of personal information.
3. Changes to your Registration Information.
4. Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience.
5. Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission.
7. Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law.
8. Your data may be transferred upon change of control but only per this Policy.
9. You can transport or delete your data.
10. Email communications from us.
11. Your data is secure and only seen by you.
12. Our service ensures secure communications with encryption.
13. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login ID and Password.
14. Updates to our Privacy and Security Policy are posted on our website.
15. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Your Privacy is not for sale. Simply put, we do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Velocity uses and discloses your personal information only as follows:
· to analyze Site usage and improve the Service;
· to deliver to you any administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
· to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
· for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
· to third-party contractors that provide services to My Rewards and are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
· to enforce Velocity’s Rewards Program and Website End User License Agreement, Terms of Service, Website Rules and Regulations, and/or Service Agreements; and
· as otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy.
In the event that you access the Service as brought to you by one of our co-brand partners, through a co-branded URL, your email address used for registration on the Service may be provided to that co-brand partner.
2. We limit the collection and use of personal information. Certain features of the Service are available to you without registration or the need to provide to us any information. However, other features of the Site or the Service may require registration, which involves provision to Velocity of an email address, a password and your zip code (collectively the “Registration Information”). In order to benefit from the full functionality of the Service, you also must provide your third-party account credentials (“Account Credentials”) to allow Velocity to access your account data at those other financial institutions (“Account Information”) for your use.
From time to time we may request other personal information to provide you with other benefits of the Site or the Service. In all such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or to decline to provide that information, and it will be used only for the stated purpose. Velocity may make anonymous or aggregate personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
· Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who applied for a loan or credit or how many users clicked on a particular Velocity Offer; and
· Organizations approved by Velocity that conduct research into consumer spending
Such information does not identify you individually. Access to your Registration Information, Account Credentials, Account Information and any other personal information you provide is strictly restricted and used in accordance with specific internal procedures and safeguard governing access, in order to operate, develop or improve the Site or the Service.
These individuals have been selected in accordance with our security policies and practices and are bound by confidentiality obligations. They may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. We may also use third party vendors or service providers to help us provide the Service to you, such as sending e-mail messages on our behalf or hosting and operating a particular feature or functionality of the Site or the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they're providing. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
3. Changes to your Registration Information. If your Registration Information changes during your subscription to or use of the Velocity Rewards Program and/or Website, you may update it any time via the Site or the Service.
4. Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience. When you visit the Site or use the Service, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve the design and functionality of the Site or the Service.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Velocity may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Velocity may gather information about you through cookie technology. For example, Velocity may assign a cookie to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular Velocity Survey or to help better determine which Velocity Services to offer to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Site or the Service may be impaired for you. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
Web beacons are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. Velocity, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve the Site or the Service.
6. Surveys. From time to time, Velocity may ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Velocity improve the Site or the Service. Any personal information provided to Velocity in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
7. Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Velocity reserves the right (and you authorize Velocity) to share or disclose your personal information when Velocity determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
· To enforce our rights against you or in connection with a breach by you of this Privacy and Security Policy or the Velocity’s Rewards Program and Website End User License Agreement, Terms of Service, Website Rules and Regulations, and/or Service Agreements;
· To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
· When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
8. Your data may be transferred upon change of control but only per this Policy. Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change of control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your personal information. If so, you will be asked if you'd like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
9. You can transport or delete your data. Your data is yours. You can ask us to remove it from our possession anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Account Information and delete all account credentials. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media. Velocity keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your personal information.
10. Email communications from us. We may provide you with summaries of your Account Information and email alerts. We may also allow you to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Velocity or third-party goods or services. In the event that we provide allow subscriptions to email newsletters or transmit email promotions, Velocity subscribers will have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails, however, opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
11. Your data is secure and only seen by you. We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Velocity accounts and systems from unauthorized access. When you register for the Service, Velocity requires a password from you for your privacy and security. Velocity transmits information such as your Registration Information for the Site or the Service, or Account Credentials securely. Our servers are in a secure facility. Access requires multiple levels of authentication. Security personnel monitor the system 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Our databases are protected from general employee access both physically and logically. We encrypt your Service password so that your password cannot be recovered, even by us. All backup drives and tapes also are encrypted. We enforce physical access controls to our buildings. No employee may put any sensitive content on any insecure machine (i.e., nothing can be taken from the database and put on an insecure laptop).
Velocity has been verified by Thawte for its use of SSL encryption technologies. In addition, My Rewards tests the Site daily for any failure points that would allow hacking.
However, it is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
12. Our service ensures secure communications with encryption. From the time you submit your Login ID and Password, these communications between your computer and the Site are encrypted. This enables client and server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering and message forgery.
13. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login ID and Password. We maintain strict rules to help prevent others from guessing your password. We also recommend that you change your password periodically. Your password must be at least 4 characters in length, including both a number and a letter. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Login ID and Password. You may not provide these credentials to any third party. If you believe that they have been stolen or been made known to others, you must contact us immediately at email@example.com, but in any event you should change your password immediately via the Service. We are not responsible if someone else accesses your account through Registration Information they have obtained from you or through a violation by you of this Privacy and Security Policy or the My Rewards’ End User License Agreement, Terms of Service, Website Rules and Regulations, and/or Service Agreements.
If you have a security related concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
14. Updates to our Privacy and Security Policy are posted on our website. We update this Privacy & Security Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
15. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns. If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, please send us an email at between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm Eastern Standard Time.